We have been working on the 3rd draft of our prototype. You can see it at http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mherrick/PrototypeWeb/. This new prototype represents a new direction for us in two ways.
First, it's a website! PowerPoint was not giving us the functionality we wanted. We were especially having trouble incorporating videos into the PowerPoint module. Using HTML allows us to: embed videos from several places (YouTube, Captivate, Ning); use portions of existing material simply by linking; tie together different parts of our module created by different authors more easily; provide an area for navigation; use pop-ups for hints and developers notes; and link directly to your Ning site. We are excited about the possibilities.
Second, the new prototype reflects our new objective: "Having read a story from the TumbleBooks collection, a third grade student will be able to use Ning, a social networking site, to discuss elements of the story (character, setting, problem, and resolution)." Our module now contains more substance to complement the mechanics of learning to carry on an online discussion.
Please tell us what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoyed reviewing your website. I think that you are making great progress. I'm excited to see this work with online instruction for young children. I look forward to further developments in this program
ReplyDelete