Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ning 3G Prototype Draft 2

Check out our latest, Ning 3G Draft 2. Please take a look and leave us you suggestions in the comments!

What's new:
- Added navigation buttons
- Progression of Tasks
- Notes Section

2 comments:

  1. Good start with ppt. How do you plan to go beyond the "Simon Says" type of demonstration? Can you figure out how the learners' reply is shown in the feedback rather than a canned feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this before; it won't open on my Mac at home (perhaps that will be fixed in the final version?) and so have to squeeze in time at work. Here are my observarions on your draft 2:

    Screen 2: I was initially confused by the interface as I assumed that I would be signing in to your lesson. It wasn't undtil I read the notes that I realize that this was a lesson on signing in to Ning. You could clarify this by labeling it "sign in lesson." Is "profile" about creating a profil on Ning, or is it other information that you are gathering agbout the student? I would clarify that too. Also - is "discussion forum" a lesson on how to use the Ning discussion forum, or a discussion forum somewhere else (say Lauima) for people rto discuss their class experiences? If all of these are lessons, I would rename this "Ning lessons."

    Slide 6: I like the use of the wolf as a guide and I appreciate your description of why it was chosen.

    Slide 7: How will the learner get feedback that lets them know exactly what they are doing wrong, rather than just "try again"? This may be frustrating for younger learners (from site design, this appears aimed at the younger crowd).

    I look forward to seeing the rest of your module!

    ReplyDelete

Julie, Michael, and Kellie appreciate your evaluation of our work. Mahalo.