Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keeping on Task with the Tasks.

I don’t know if anyone else is having this problem. I keep thinking in terms of content instead of procedures. Kellie and Michael are great at keeping me focused on the big picture. I keep wanting to include story elements and instruction related to literacy into our project. Our objective is teaching third graders to use the Ning. We only are using story elements as an activity, not a learning objective. Before this project is finished, I intend to understand our focus. (LOL)
I keep asking myself, why are we teaching third graders to use the Ning? My answer is to allow them to be actively involved during Readers Workshop when they are not meeting with me in a small group. I hope to use this module in my classroom next year as part of my dissertation research. It is a cart before the horse kind of thing for me. My dissertation is not supposed to be all about the technology and this project is all about the technology. Using e-books in conjunction with the forum in the Ning to design a virtual Readers Workshop is so exciting to me.
We are teaching third graders how to use the Ning. I am getting it…
We met in Elluminate to discuss our progress with both the prototype and the tasks.
We divided our weekly workload and reviewed the current PPT and our developing list of tasks. Task #1 is keep Julie on task ☺

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I appreciate your dilemma, as it's one I face too. Easy to be more excited about the content than the process. Once I get into the process, though, I get excited and want to redo all of my courses, which is a depressing (due to the time that would be involved) thought!

    ReplyDelete

Julie, Michael, and Kellie appreciate your evaluation of our work. Mahalo.